What to include in a Restaurant Website
Focus on what a potential diner might need.
Things a Restaurant Customer needs to know
Whilst it may be nice to know you are a family business and have been open for 15 years, this is not the first thing your potential
diner wants to know. Put yourself in their shoes and ask what do they want to know?
Essential things for a restaurant website
- When you are open - have your opening times top right, don't make people look for them
- Your phone number - some people just like the speed of phoning, booking and then getting on with their day so put your phone number
under your opening times (they are connected, not open, no answer!)
- What you serve - international cuisine, local, fast food - let them know straight away
- Your main selling product is the food you cook so make sure there are copious mouth watering images everywhere!
- The ability to book online - this can be via a table booking system or simple a form that you respond as quick as possible to.
This is for the diners who don't like using the phone!
- A map - to show people where you are so they can find you!
- A photo of the outside - so they recognise they have found you.
If you want to be more pro-active and boost your marketing activity then consider the following possibilities.
Nice to haves
- a loyalty card - perhaps offering discounts or regular offers, aids return visits (our business owner Steve is a Hilton Honors
member and he always looks for a Hilton when he stays away)
- a mailing list - always try to capture your diners email addresses and get their permission to email them either asking for feedback,
keeping them informed about new menu etc or with special offers
- have a pro-active email marketing process to remind your customers you are still open
- social media pages and activity, make sure it is 2 way and not just on transmit sell sell sell (goes for all social media activity)
- perhaps some social media advertising too
Like the idea? Why not get in touch and let us guide you to create a great online presence that helps grow your business.